Oh my! It is one of those days. We are running on no nap for either kid and we had a crazy morning at the title company closing on our house. Now the kids are full of it and are feeling cooped up. Ahhhh!!! Bear just came to me a bit ago telling me he is going outside. In shorts. In February, at sunset. Uh, no son, you are not. Long pants are in order here.
Whew! He went and put long pants on. I love having some property ....
....
....
....
....I got completely interrupted. Bear went outside on his 'splorin' expedition. He didn't stay too long since supper was almost ready and it was cold out. At least he got some time outside.
No nap days are rough. Every little thing that goes the slightest bit wrong in the kids' eyes are total melt downs on those days. Tonight at bath time we were doing all right until it was time to get out. Then one stupid pink duck caused melt down times two on epic levels. All I could do was bundle in towels and tough out the screams. When they are that far gone no amount of adult reasoning helps. No sense in my having a complete melt down either. That doesn't always prevent me from having one but this evening, at that moment I managed to not lose it.
Now they are both asleep and turned into my little angels again. They look a bit like cherubs when they sleep. I do enjoy them like this. I enjoy the peace that settles over my house when they are asleep as well. I will get through tomorrow as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment