About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Moved!!

We did it! We moved out of the horrible cat pee rental house.  Unfortunately I have to go back today and finish cleaning it but we no longer live there.  Wahoo!!!!!!  I can't tell you how happy that makes me.  The not living there part, not the cleaning part.  I went and cleaned some yesterday and realized I really hate that house.  It is too bad because on paper it looks like it should be perfect.  Nice big house, 3 acres, and in town.  Nope.  It was stinky, dark, and poky (goat heads).

But, the new place?  Well, it is on 25 acres is a 3 bedroom 2 bath house and it doesn't appear to have any goat heads.  If we do find them we will eradicate them.  We are right up against the bluffs we have here.  In fact our back fence line isn't a fence it is actually the bluff.  It is so wonderfully quiet here.  I usually see one or two other vehicles a day.  Not the one or two every couple of seconds that we got at the other one.  That was the worst.  The rental property sat at a four-way stop on two busy roads and those roads both bordered the property.  Where there wasn't a road there was a canal.  No canals here and no busy highways.  One quiet gravel road.  We are four miles off the closest paved road.  I love that directions to my house include, "Turn off the paved road."

We are still working on moving in.  We got Internet up last night so I'm playing a bit of catch up with all the stuff that needs done online.  We have boxes everywhere.  I will be very happy to see the cardboard go away. 

Just Tom and I moved our upright piano.  Oh my!  That is a pain.  At times, literally.  I hope we never have to move that beast again.  My toolbox was nothing compared to that piano.  I guess that is why pianos have the reputation that they do.

I would be working a bit on the garden but while we were moving in we got several inches of snow.  I'm not complaining mind you.  We need the moisture so badly and it is very pretty with the snow.  It just means the garden stuff will have to wait.  I do have some seed starter kits for my south facing windows that I need to plant.  I figure I need to get more boxes unpacked and get completely out of the rental.  I think that will be my treat for getting the rental cleaned.

I will continue to update as we get more moved in.  I'll hopefully get some before pictures of the garden area so by the end of summer I can do some after photos as well.  First things are first though.  Unpacking and cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment