I've been working on a post about our budget. In doing so though I've realized something. I think the main reason we write about budgets and try to give advice or look for advice is that we are really trying to avoid saying one thing.
That is we are flat-assed broke and we are looking for ways to make that more palatable.
Especially if being this way is a choice. It is one thing when you are working like crazy to not be that way and yet you are there. It is a whole other thing when a family has consciously decided to operate on one income and is pretty broke because of that.
My point is that I may be ditching the budget post idea. There are lots of folks out there writing about it and they have lots of good advice, and some not so good advice. Everyone has to find what works for their family anyway. It isn't like my meals will always work for someone else. Or vice-versa.
At any rate, a few other updates on us besides the fact that we are broke by choice. :) Mia is working on the potty training. Little by little we make progress. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is a little bigger than it was. Bear is still growing like a weed. I really am a bit nervous about his teenage years. The way he can eat now doesn't bode well for keeping my pantry stocked later. That is why we are in the market for acreage where I can grow lots of food and raise critters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment