Of course now that I have a race coming up at the end of the month I went and rolled my ankle the other day. So frustrating! Bodies are supposed to do what we tell them to, not bail out on us. So I am in the middle of letting it heal, icing it, and trying to make myself not do too much. Of course with two little kids, the chickens, and the garden that doesn't really work. Also, now I'm doing the farmer's market with my yarn. That keeps me busy for sure. Here's an article that came out in today's paper about it. I'm hoping the result will be lots of sales at the following markets.
http://www.starherald.com/news/local_news/mitchell-woman-turns-yarn-spinning-hobby-into-business/article_3fb4b384-009e-11e3-9eac-0019bb2963f4.html
You remember how I said Bear was at it again the other day? Growing that is. Eating me out of house and home and sleeping for hours. Well, we had him stand up and measure where he is at. In one month he has grown almost a full inch. No wonder he's been so hungry and sleepy. He's been putting it all toward stretching out.
Mia is trying to keep up too. I think she has been going through her own growth spurt but we didn't measure her. She had shoes on so we decided to wait.
School starts in about a week and a half. I guess I'd better pull that sewing machine out and repair the backpack that I promised I would. That and some gym shoes and we'll be ready to go. I think. :) I think I'm probably more nervous than Bear. He is more than ready to go back. Such a social kid and he loves to learn things. I'm also not looking forward to Mia's reaction about Bear being gone. I've got some school stuff for her to do while he's at school. Seems only fair that she gets to play school. Especially since she loves to color and paint and draw. The nice part is that I have several friends around here who home school and they provide links to free school materials on a regular basis.
I don't have the patience to home school myself but I see no reason not to supplement the public system. Being a public school kid myself I see a lot of value in public school. There are a lot of lessons about dealing with unpleasant people and situations that are well learned in public school.
Since market is tomorrow I'd better get rolling and make sure things are done around here. My mornings are nice and early on market day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment