We got the bus figured out. There isn't one. That simple. We are the only people with kids out this way and it just doesn't make sense for the district to send a bus. At least they reimburse for the gas. They pay mileage. Better than nothing but it still means I'm up every day and driving Bear to school. Ugh. And it means we pick him up too. 7.5 miles one way means 30 miles a day for school. So be it. I just would have preferred to have been on a bus route.
Otherwise though school is going alright. Poor Bear is wiped out by the time he is done. It is all day Kindergarten so he is there from 8a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Poor kid. He still likes naps so this is hard to get used to. I can see his sister adjusting to this a lot better than he has. He seems to like his teacher and seems to be making friends quickly. I had no doubts there. I like that he has computer classes, p.e. classes, and music classes. I'll be interested to see what stuff he brings home as the year goes on.
We are all starting to get the hang of our new schedules. Tom is in school, Bear is in school, and Mia and I are busy with canning. Well, canning and my wool business. Also, I'm starting a club of sorts for a bunch of us gals around here that are farm-ish types and need some friends to get together with. In talking to others it can be tough when you live way out of town and have critters that depend on you. There isn't a whole lot of time to meet up with friends or even to make friends. So we're going to give it a go with what will hopefully become monthly meetings.
I love being this crazy busy. It doesn't help my house get clean because what goes when I have other stuff I want to do? My house cleaning. In a heart beat. I don't care for it and so it is the first thing to get pushed aside. That and deciding what to cook. The actual act of cooking is fine. It is the planning and picking out what to cook that stinks. Maybe I don't have enough focus or something.
I'm trying to nod off so I'd better get back up and check my canning. I can't nap until that is done and I still have tomato sauce to put in the canner. I should get some wool carded too so I can spin this evening. Oh whoops. We're going to a college volleyball game so I won't be spinning. Maybe I'll wind wooly balls while I'm there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment