About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

School

Who would think that this day would come so quickly?  I looked at my calendar and four days from now my son starts Kindergarten!  Kindergarten?!  How is that?  I really did just bring him home.  I know we didn't potty train that long ago.  Did we?  They tell you it goes fast.  The funny part of it is that everyone tells you to enjoy it.  Well, that is possible to a certain extent but when you are buried in diapers and the kid won't sleep, again, then it can be tough to enjoy it.  You just want to make it out alive.  The time to enjoy is afterwards.  Enjoy the memories.  The memory fog settles in and makes you forget just how damned tired you were.  Then all you remember are the snuggles, that smell of new baby, those coos, and those adorable little fingers and toes.

All those memories help on the tough days.  They do exist.  No matter what we tell ourselves or the social media world.  Lives are not perfect and orderly.  Life with little kids and pets and jobs is utter chaos.  It might be controlled chaos a lot of the time but there are days it is just chaos.  Who am I kidding?  Life is chaos.  With or without kids.  They just add to the crazy-mixed-up-ness of it all.

I'm excited for Bear to be starting Kindergarten is what it all boils down to.  I miss him being a little baby boy but I love the beginnings of new things.  The new school year has always been one of my favorite things in the world.  That smell of new crayons.  Nothing beats it.  The new beginnings.  One of the little joys in life is a box of new crayons, a new pencil box, and a new pink eraser.  I kind of wish I were the one starting school.  Ah, I'll let him enjoy it.

I'd better get his back pack fixed now that I think about it.  He requested I just repair his so I think I'll do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment