About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Happy New Year!

A few goals for this year.  I've decided I like some other folks ideas of using goals instead of resolutions as they can be more flexible.


Find our place to buy and move in.

Develop that place into our miniature farm.  Goals to that end will come later.

Work on getting our budget tightened up.

Get a garden.  Whether that be at our own property or a community garden Bear and I need a garden.

When we get a place start developing an orchard.

Spin more yarn and work on getting it more consistent. 

I want longer lengths to my skeins too.

Continue learning to knit.  This includes working on learning more stitches.

Possibly start a Farmgirl Chapter.

Get us all our check-ups from doctors, dentists, and for Buddy, the vet.

Simplify our lives by getting rid of lots of our stuff.

Get our household organized to the point where everyone knows where the mail goes and where the keys get hung up.  That is surprisingly hard to do in a rental that you plan on moving out of any day. :)

These goals will all change and develop over the year as we find a place to be more permanently.  We have some sorting and moving to do.  We have a job to keep up on for Tom and I might get a part time job for some supplemental income for our savings.  Bear will finish up pre-school this spring and start kindergarten in the fall.  Mia turns two in a short while.  Tom has a birthday tomorrow.  Bear and I get to see if there is anywhere open today so Bear can go get his dad a birthday present.

If we get a bit of acreage we'll be adding a whole lot of tasks to this list I'm sure.  It always happens with owning a home and even more so if you want fruit trees, a garden, and animals.  This year will be animal prep.  We don't want to own any this year since we have some travelling to do.

I love the promise a new year holds for one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment