It is one of those days. Things usually are pretty mellow around here but today well, rather the quiet time struggle has been more of a struggle than normal. Bear has gotten used to not having naps despite needing them and Mia would love to give up on naps entirely despite also needing them. When they both get that tired it hits the fan. Whew.
And boy does Mia have a temper. She sure can yell. She doesn't seem to have the endurance Bear did though. Thank goodness since she is louder.
We've had a bit of other craziness. A window broke out of our Subaru the other day while Tom and Bear were in town so the glass guy was here this morning. After two windshields, a windshield repair, and now this back window replacement I'm getting to know Steve rather well. :) Thank goodness for good car insurance.
I keep trying to get some things done in the garden. It hasn't seemed to work this last week. At least today we have some nice weather so I should manage to get a couple of things done out there. The grass is finally getting long enough I should probably mow it. Most of it has gone to seed which is good. Hopefully that means we'll have a good grass crop next year.
Tomorrow I get to go pick up greens from a friend that is travelling. Wonderful! I'd be more than happy to use up some greens for her. Soon we'll be getting our own greens both from our garden and from our CSA. I'm excited.
I hope the garden doesn't cook while we are away this summer. Oh well if it does I guess. Not much I'll be able to do about it. And speaking of our travel... I still haven't figured out my packing dilemmas. I'm close but not quite there. Soon. I think I'm going to try to build myself a kitchen box/chuck box for all of our kitchen stuff. It is a camp kitchen that is self-contained. I remember we had one growing up. They are quite handy to have since everything is in one place.
The thing that is giving me the most fits is the bedding. Unfortunately bedding is bulky no matter how you pack it.
Okay enough of that.
Bear graduated preschool yesterday. Kind of a silly thing but it turned out to be more of an end of the year program than anything. He is pretty sad today though because school is done for the summer. Poor kid. He has had a great class. All the kids were so nice and the teachers were great. I was very proud of Bear. He has progressed through all the little progress reports with very high numbers and constant improvement. Here he is with his serious face on:
Let's hope he continues to love school the way he does now. He is excited to be going to Kindergarten in the Fall. I swear I just brought him home from the hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment