About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Packing frustrations

Argh!  My plans are not going as well as I had hoped.  It doesn't help that Tom and I don't own sleeping bags anymore and there are now four of us, five with the dog.  Okay, so the sleeping bag statement isn't quite true.  I still have my mummy bag I got from my parents one Christmas as a kid.  Great bag but my kids are going to use it for extra warmth.  It is down and I won't freak out about them being cold if they use that over the top of their little kid sleeping bags.  So, Tom and I are getting creative about bedding.  This is fine but it sure does take up space. 

The way I have things now sure takes up a lot of room.  And I don't even have clothing, the kitchen, the tent, the dog stuff, or the cooler.  Hmmmm...  It is a good thing our trip is a couple of weeks out yet so I can work on details and get us down to a more reasonable amount of stuff.  We would have a lot more space if we were going to stay in hotels but that costs money that we don't have.  I think the kids will have more fun camping too.  We can more or less camp for free.

I think we'll actually have room for everything even as it is right now but it is coming home I'm not sure about.  We always seem to collect stuff on trips.  I don't foresee this one being any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment