About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ramblings...

I'm way behind on everything.  Probably partially due to the fact that I'm now maintaining four different blogs on top of everything else.  What was I thinking?  Oh, I like to talk and I like to talk to more than just a four-year old and two-year old.  I love them but they aren't always up to discussing the craziness going on in the world.

This spring has been late in coming what with crazy spring snow storms so the garden is a bit behind.  Not to mention that I'm starting from scratch with this new place of ours.  I'm making good headway but I'm a terrible planner so things are a tad discombobulated out there.  It will take a few years to get it straightened out.  I have a huge to-do list for outside too.

Then there is the inside housework.  The stuff I really don't like doing.  Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, and that sort of thing.  The worst is when it is nice weather out and the house is a wreck.  Then I feel guilty either way.  Guilty if I'm outside and not cleaning the house and guilty if I'm inside cleaning and not enjoying the nice weather.  Dang!

Someday I'll get this figured out.  I'm better at it than I was 6 months ago.  Every little bit helps.  Slowly I'll get a routine worked out.  I spent so long in the outside work routine I had it takes awhile to break those habits. 

So now that I got totally sidetracked I can get back on track and update on what we have been up to.  The garden is finally mostly in.  I have a bit more to put in but I don't want to go too crazy.  We are going to buy a 1/2 share in one of our local CSA (community supported agriculture) farms.  With that and our garden we should be able to put up a good store of food for the winter months.  I'd love to be able to whack our grocery bill down.

Bear is almost done with school.  As is Tom.  Yippee!  Summer break.  Well, Tom is teaching summer school so he only gets a couple of weeks worth of summer break.  I'm looking forward to the summer with the kids playing in the garden.

I have decided I really don't like going to town.  I am so not a city person.  I know, we don't even live by a big city.  I still don't like dealing with the people even in a small town.  It isn't that I don't like people I just don't like the hustle and bustle.  I found a new grocery store though.  A little town near us has a great little grocery store that reminds me of our store in Montana.  I can't wait to do our shopping there.

I'd better get off my duff and get some things done around here.  It is supposed to be a beautiful day and I have a few more veggies to get in the garden.  And I need to figure out why our vacuum quit working the other day.  Brand new vacuum and it quit.  Grrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment