Life sure can get in the way of life. Things get crazy while trying to do things with the two kids, two houses, two states, and everything else. It would be a lot easier if I were a lot more on top of things. Someday I'll become that super-mom or something. If I could at least get a bit better about organizing things...
Little by little I'm getting a system figured out. Not that it would work for anyone else and Tom looks at my desk like it has the plague. :) At least I know where things are.
This morning has been a catch up on bills and e-mails and blogs. I need to plan out the week too but I'm not quite there. One thing at a time. I suppose I should figure out what we are taking for birthday treats to school on Friday. Bear's birthday isn't until July but they are letting him bring treats so he can partake in that tradition as well. I feel a little like I should provide something totally "crunchy" and healthy in keeping with the start we've gotten. I guess I should give a little back ground.
The kids have been bringing in show-and-tell that goes with the letter of the week all year. Little things like for "Y" Bear took yarn he had spun, and then for "Q" he took in breakfast quinoa. No one knew what it was. I think I may have officially turned into the crazy art lady that spins yarn and sends her kid to school in the homemade crocheted vest (yes he has done that) and sends funky food to school with him. I'm okay with being that person and Bear seems to be okay with it too. For now. We'll see if it lasts.
I won't say I go too far with the organic, homemade, and all that but we certainly have a good dose of it. I'd really like to do more but it can be a bit difficult around here and can get really expensive in a hurry. But the whole point is that I feel like the treats should be something a little healthier but I kinda doubt they'll end up that way. We'll see what is in the cupboard come Friday. At least his school lets us do homemade so it can be done without buying something else.
I was reading through some older blog posts and saw one about the debates of breast feeding and cloth diapering. I realized this was just before Mia was born. It has been funny how different we've done things with the two kids. Bear was a bit tougher I think just because we were brand new parents. I had trouble breast feeding him since I just couldn't keep up with his appetite. We used quite a bit of formula to supplement. His sister was very different. We couldn't use any formula with her. She would spend the next 24 hours throwing up. So not fun with a tiny baby. So she was exclusively breast fed out of necessity.
I see debates on which is better, when to wean, when to add solid food, when to do everything it seems. I suppose debate is a good thing when it all boils down. It keeps societies looking for the best method possible. It would be nice if the debates stayed debates and didn't turn into arguments where people get very judgemental.
It is kinda funny how as a new parent all of the debates and advice seem like you should be reading all of it and trying to implement a bunch of it. As you go along in parenthood you start to realize that everyone has their own way of doing things and you just need to find your own groove. You really don't have to do what everyone else is doing. And you realize that you will be judged by people and get random critical comments when you are out and about. You learn to placate those folks with a smile, a nod, and to move on with your life. Granted sometimes that is easier said than done but it does get a lot easier as you move out of that baby-daze of the first year.
That's something no one can really tell you about. The baby-daze. That half sleep almost zombie state we walk around in for the first year. You think you are fine and you are functioning for the most part. And then the kid hits about two and all of a sudden you realize you are a functioning part of society again. You can actually remember what happened last week, you can find your keys, and you can sometimes carry on a conversation about something other than milk, baby food, or diapers and their contents. When did that happen?! That is when you realize how sleep deprived and hormonal you were. When it is all said and done. In the midst of it I think you are too sleep deprived and hormonal to realize much of anything. This is probably a good state to be in during this time because it means you pretty much eat, sleep, and breath baby.
And my random rant has been de-railed. I got a call about the car I'm selling and my thought train is way off the tracks now. Oh well. That is how it goes. I suppose I should get back to real life and get ready for school, planting potatoes, and figuring out what is for dinner for the week.
And I'm off...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment