Oh there are those days that no matter what day it really is it feels like a Monday. I got up this morning hoping to let Tom sleep in. We alternate weekend days to sleep in and not have to make breakfast, do potty duty, etc. Didn't happen this morning. I walked into Bear's room and discovered the new pup had pooped and peed all over his floor. Of course this is before coffee! Argh. And at this time of the morning poop and pee are not my words of choice. So I got Tom up to deal with that while I made coffee and got breakfast. Then I didn't even get the coffee pot under the basket correctly so when it brewed coffee went all over the counter.
Our day has continued like that all day long. No one has wanted to nap. Bear hasn't been able to actually follow a single instruction all day. Mia had an accident on her bedroom floor and the sump pump in the basement is giving us fits. Ahhhhh!!
Okay, so my little vent is done. It has just been one of those days. Really things like Mia going potty on the floor was our fault because we didn't remind her to go use the bathroom. We were absorbed in trying to fix the sump pump. The pup is going to start sleeping outside. This is good since we need bunny protection for the garden. Maybe she'll learn to bark. I haven't heard her whine or bark at all. I wish she would let us know things like when she needs out or she's being stepped on. Silly mutt.
I stepped on her the other day when I was doing laundry. I was hanging clothes and she was laying and watching me. I felt something move under my foot and looked around to see what I was stepping on and it was Kyra's foot. She was just squirming looking uncomfortable and not making a sound. Poor dog. Say something!
Through all of this craziness I am just glad we didn't go through and replace all the carpet or anything when we moved in here. We knew there would be kids and dogs potty training. Someday we hope to put hardwood in our kitchen and dining room and re-carpet the rest of the house. Not soon. One we can't afford it and two we can't afford to do it and have it ruined by kids and pets.
And the other stuff just happens once in awhile. Coffee spills. Sump pumps crap out. Life goes on. It can just make for a difficult day when it all goes at once.
Off to see about our dinner of cleaning out the refrigerator...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment