About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Running and other tid-bits

I can tell my momentum is lost.  Probably it has a lot to do with the heat.  It is no fun to run in 90+ degree weather.  We've been getting up early just so we can run when it is in the 70's.  Really that is still too hot for me but it is sure better than the alternative.

The scary part is that I actually have a race I'm registered for at the end of August.  A 5K Color Run.  I'm getting to see a friend/co-worker that I haven't seen in 12 years or so.  That will be a lot of fun.  I'm just hoping that the paint/color is nice and cold for during the run.

I'm finally up to running 30 minutes in a stretch.  I still usually fudge it and end up walking a little in there.  I will be very happy to have the weather turn in the fall when it comes to my running.

A little bit of what we've been up to:

Farmer's Market on Saturdays.  I've been selling my hand spun wool.  Well, at this point the more correct statement is that I have it for sale.  I've been selling the Wooly Balls though.  They take the place of dryer sheets and do the same job.

I've been volunteering at a co-op grocery store that is going to open soon.  That has been quite a bit of fun even if it is scrubbing shelves and building them up.

We've been enjoying just spending some good family time.  Tom has the rest of this week off and then he's back at school.  The international kids get there before everyone else and he is more or less in charge of getting them settled in.

Bear starts school mid-August.  Kindergarten!  We have most if not all of his school supplies ready to go.  He'll still need some shoes, especially for p.e. but that should be about it.  He wants to use his backpack from last year so I need to repair the bottom of it.

Mia is going to be broken-hearted when she can't go to school.  She won't even be old enough for pre-school this year.  She just doesn't make the cut-off.  And I probably won't put her in until she is 4 anyway.  No sense in spending that much money for a couple of years.  We'll just have to do some school time here at the house with her.

Although I don't know where I would put it I want to do a little kid table and chairs for the kids.  I think they would both love it.  My major issue is figuring out where to put it.  I'm trying to figure out some good storage for their rooms too.  We just put up a bunch of hooks in Bear's room which helped out a bunch.  Mia still needs something and the closets need another rod down at their level.

Oh, and one last thing we've been up to.  Canning/preserving.  We have oodles of food right now and I'm struggling to keep up with getting it all in the pantry.  No complaints by any means though.  Tomatoes should be ready soon.  That is what I'm most excited about.  That and we should start seeing peaches from Colorado soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment