I'm having a bit of a tough time getting back on track with my running. It has been hot! Mid-90s for the most part. I know we are way cooler than a lot of the rest of the country but I'm not thrilled about running in the heat. I did get a new pair of running shoes that makes it much better but my feet still get super hot. I'm seriously considering doing some sort of an ice bath soak for me feet before I go for a run. I want super cold feet to start with. The dumb things are the thermostat for the rest of my body too. If I didn't run on gravel roads I would seriously consider running barefoot. At least then the heat could escape.
I might actually have a running buddy now too. Tom's new pup seemed pretty happy to go for a run with me this morning. We'll see how it works out. Buddy liked to go at first but then I got to where I was going further and faster and now he thinks I'm nuts. The clincher was a rainy day run where Buddy started to come with me and then realized it was raining. He headed back to the house. Not that I blame him. After all his age translates into being 84-ish. That is plenty old enough to enjoy sleeping at the house.
It is 4th of July today. It is almost Bear's 5th birthday. Where did the years go? I can't believe he'll be in Kindergarten in the Fall. It has been quite the ride. I would say our lives are much better for having him in them. He is a lot of fun most of the time. He is a goofball that loves to get laughs and snuggle up and hang out. I love watching him learn things. It doesn't take him long to figure things out so long as he really wants too. It is funny too that for as goofy as he can get he is the cautious kid. He is usually a bit hesitant at first when trying something new. Same with his basic nature. I call him my shy, outgoing kid. He can get shy at times but most of the time he is very outgoing.
Summer means Tom isn't working as much. I love that he gets days off like today. That sure didn't happen in the airlines. Summer also means that we are busy in the garden, and hopefully if classes haven't filled up it will mean swim lessons. Farmer's markets are going and the pools are open. All fun things about summer.
We are also getting settled in with our new critters. The kittens are warming up to people quite nicely although we have not introduced them to the dogs yet. The new puppy is settling in well too. We haven't heard her bark yet. She did chew up a cardboard box last night so we know she's a puppy for sure now. :) She has been so mellow we were beginning to wonder. We also had an accident during the night too. Otherwise though the transition has been pretty smooth. We'll see how it goes when I add chickens. I've got to get my coop secure for the wind but otherwise I'm ready for the girls. I think I may have even found some pullets to get.
I'd better get going on some of my chores. I'm still trying to get caught up on laundry and I have a load that needs hung out on the line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment