Bear asked me this morning when he could have his own cell phone. What?! I would have sworn I wouldn't be hearing these questions for a couple of years yet. I told him he could when he could pay for it. I know all of the kids are starting things earlier and earlier but really? Four days after your fifth birthday and I get asked about a cell phone. Why? Actually I do know if I really think about it. We were talking about when his next birthday would be and having friends over for it. I said something about by next year he'll hopefully know how to get a hold of his friends in the summer so we can have some over. Then he hit me with the cell phone question.
It is amazing how fast this is all going. I swear I just brought him home from the hospital and now he is going to kindergarten with his little sister catching him rather quickly. He was just a little bitty baby with all the little baby rolls, wobbly head, and drooling. Now there is just a tiny hint of the dimples on the hands, he is strong and coordinated, and wants to do things by himself (sometimes to the great fear of Mom). He is a boy that is very full of it. To the point that he can kinda drive me crazy some days. Mostly I just need to figure out how to direct and focus that energy. This can be tough for me since I don't always know how to get myself focused.
Besides having amazing reserves of energy Bear is a pretty good kid. I love that he takes his dishes to the kitchen, usually, and is a huge help with his sister. He loves to read, watch t.v., ride bikes, play in the garden, and play with friends. And he makes friends soooooo easily. I wish I could make friends as easily as he does. The other thing about Bear that I love is he loves fruits and vegetables. This makes it easier to get Mia to eat them. I think she would be pickier but because big brother loves the food she has to at least try it. Peas, tomatoes, carrots, kale (I can barely keep this growing because he'll pick it way down), and salad are some of the favorites. Apples, bananas, melon, grapes, apricots, plums, peaches, pears, and anything else fruit-wise he can get his hands on. We do really need to figure out where we want our orchard because this kid can eat now and by the time he is a teenager I'd better be growing most of our food. Otherwise we'll go broke.
I suppose I should go turn the water off. I was a total slug yesterday. I really didn't get much of anything done. I didn't go for a run or do much of anything. Not sure what happened. Although I got up pretty grumpy this morning I'm feeling better. I hate those days where you have no energy to do anything. Today is much better so I'd better make use of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! What a kid Bear is! Kids say some of the craziest things. I love it!
ReplyDelete