My mom and her friend came and helped. Thank goodness because I never would have gotten there between kids, new kittens, and now a new puppy.
So an update on that: We got a shelter puppy yesterday. She is about 6 months old and appears to be a lab mix of some sort. She acts like she has Border Collie in her as well. She is very mellow and is good with the kids so far. Buddy seems pretty tolerant of her. More like he keeps giving me looks like he's saying, "Really? You are doing this to me now too?" Her name is Kyra. It was Carrie from the shelter but Bear kept calling her Kyra so that has stuck. Here's a photo of her and Bear.
Besides our critter numbers greatly increasing we have the garden harvest starting. I've got to get going on beets. I've got peas in the freezer and need to harvest again. We need to eat salad again before the lettuce bolts and I need to keep weeding so the tomatoes and everyone else can ripen.

No comments:
Post a Comment