About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Craziness

It never fails.  Just when you think you can take a breath and relax another pile of stuff comes up.  We were thinking we could kick back and relax for a minute and then realized a couple of things. Well, I realized them anyway.  Harvest is coming upon us very quickly from the garden.  My first farmer's market as a vendor is this Saturday, the yard needs mowing again, weeds grow like crazy, and school starts soon!  Ack!  It is barely over a month until school starts again.  How does that work?!

So I'm finding myself feeling behind on everything.  I need to get canning and drying the garden bounty.  I'm finding I have a lot since we are doing the half share in a CSA (community supported agriculture) farm on top of what my garden is putting out. 

This month we have swim lessons with the kids.  Bear needs a physical and an eye exam before school starts.  New puppy needs spayed.  Kittens both need spayed.  I need to find and get chickens.  I have a ton of wool to process.  I have farmer's markets to do.  We need to go school shopping for Bear since he'll actually be entering kindergarten this Fall.  I need to find out whether or not he'll have a bus ride or if we have to take him to school and pick him up.  Tom and I need to go to the eye doctor.  At least we have gotten both dogs basic vet visits done along with their shots.  Both kids and I are done with the dentist for awhile.  So, a few things are crossed off my list.

Of course a lot more would get done if I got off the computer. :)  I suppose I'll go do some of that.  I have beets that need pickling and spinning that needs done.  And dishes and basic house stuff.  Yuck.  At least the canning stuff is fun.  Oh, and I at least get a day or two break from laundry since the washer is leaking at the inlet.  It does this every so often so Tom has to fix it before I can do laundry again.  That doesn't break my heart but it does mean laundry will pile up.

No comments:

Post a Comment