Its funny how when you think you are slowing down sometimes things speed up. Although there are days I can get very bored with being a stay-at-home mom (see my last post) most days ended up passing by before I know it and it seems I can't get ahead. Probably some of my boredom days are a retreat from days when time just flies by. Who knows?
This morning is a perfect example of the time flying. I swear I just got up. And that was about 6:30 and yet I look at a clock and it is almost 10 a.m. How did that happen? It is supposedly quiet time here. Naps for Bear are pretty much a thing of the past. :( I miss his long nap times. I'm happy he's growing into the young man that he is but I still miss nap time. Especially since Mia has never napped much. She's been my anti-sleeper. Which is funny because if she gets up earlier than she wants in the morning she's a grump. I think she just doesn't want to miss any of the fun.
I have lots of projects lined up. One of the things I'm liking about this town and area is that there is no shortage of things to do. This weekend there are several auctions, a fly-in breakfast, a volleyball game, a concert, a kid's expo, and I'm sure other things that I can't remember. Next weekend there are craft fairs starting. The middle of the week I have parent/teacher conferences for Bear too. Like I said, no shortage of things to do. Sometimes we are bummed because we have to choose one thing over another even though we want to do both. Oh! I just remembered there is a boxing match Tom wanted to see too but it is during the concert dinner we are going to on Saturday. Like I say, nuts.
In between all of the fun stuff to do (which reminds me one of the last farmer's markets is Saturday too) we have gotten some firewood so we can enjoy our fireplace, are trying to find someplace we like enough to buy, make this place tolerable, and just maintain our day to day. Tom is going like crazy at work trying to re-vamp his ESL (English as a Second Language) department to better serve the students. I must say I like how excited he is about his job. I hope it all continues this well. We are liking the community, he likes his co-workers and bosses, and Bear loves school. Not half bad results for yanking up our roots and moving about 800 miles. It certainly could be worse.
I'm off to work on some Christmas projects I think. I'm going to try to do a bunch of handmade stuff this year. One, I like doing it and two, it usually ends up being cheaper. Not always but usually. Now if I can just figure out what all I'm going to do for folks. I do wish I had my herbs from a garden to use for some stuff but we'll go with something else this year I guess. Next year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment