About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cozy.

I think that is the word for the day.  It is a rainy dreary day.  We had an official play date this morning.  Up until today we really haven't had that experience.  We had fun.  I was very proud of Bear.  He was the oldest kid there and took charge of helping kids share and doing fun things while still watching out for little sister.  I was very impressed.  He's been making me very proud the last couple of days.  I had parent/teacher conferences last night.  His teacher had glowing reports for Bear.  Yay!!  I was a bit worried because at home we've had some issues with hitting.  I was happy to hear it isn't at school too.  So, we have a sticker board here that Bear is trying to fill so he can win a big prize at the end.  Every day that he doesn't hit he gets a sticker.  When he gets it all filled in he gets a prize.  If he hits either his sister or me then he loses a toy for the day.  I'm hoping that will work since I've been pretty frazzled by being hit on a daily basis.  We are now on day two of not hitting Mom.  This morning he hit his sister although I think it was more of an accident than on purpose.  He was swinging a belt and hit her.  He apologized but he doesn't get a sticker for not hitting today. 

Otherwise we are just snuggling in on this rainy day.  I have my last spinning class tonight.  I've loved having that.  There is a spinning group on Wednesdays that I hope I can get to once in awhile too.

Oh, last quick short story.  Typing is interesting since Monday night while I was slicing onions I proceeded to slice my finger as well.  I took a nice chunk off my left index finger.  Luckily no muscle but I took all the skin.  I'm thinking I may have a funny shaped finger for at least awhile.

I have a young man wanting to hang out so I'd better go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment