It has turned cold. For a few days anyway. We had high 70s last week and yesterday and today we aren't even supposed to hit 40 for a high. Brrrr. It is wonderful. Yesterday was bright and sunny too. Today is a bit grey but is supposed to clear this afternoon. I love how the sunshine comes out here. In Montana that just didn't happen the way the valley sat we would get inversions that would hold the grey muck in for weeks. Ugh. So happy to be done with that. We are supposed to be back into the 60s by the middle of next week. Funny weather.
I'm finding all the gaps and drafts in this house. It is better than our other house but there are still plenty of drafts. We'll have some weekend projects of pulling the last window ac unit and covering a couple of the worst windows with plastic. That is to go along with moving Bear into his own room. We've gone back and forth with it but I think to help him get the rest he needs we are going to have to. He and Mia have way too much fun together and stay up too late or just plain don't take naps. I've had to have him rest in Mom and Dad's bed in order to get nap time done. That is tough too because that is fun for him.
Lots of projects going now. As part of being a Mary Jane's Farmgirl I'm participating in a couple of holiday swaps. It is a lot of fun. Right now I'm building a stocking and gathering presents to go inside. That and I need to get a stocking built for Mia. Pretty sure she doesn't have a special stocking yet. I've also been spinning a lot. What fun! This last time I met with my spinning group I picked up several different types of fiber to spin. I'm working with camel/silk and a plain cotton. Both are handled very differently than wool. It is so much fun to see the differences in material. Also, my sweet husband got me some roving for my birthday. Such beautiful colors! I'm excited to use the thread I've made out of them. They weren't very big rovings but they are perfect for embroidery for what is known as crewel work. I'm going to work that into the stocking I'm building.
So I have that stuff going but I'm also trying to decide which hoosier I'm going to buy. I've always wanted one and this kitchen we have stinks for baking. The one I really like needs some work but has all the original guts. Flour bin with sifter, sugar bin, cook book rack and that kind of thing. Some of the drawers need re-lined and it needs a new back. Looks fairly straight forward though. But then there is one that is just the bottom section of a hoosier. Much less money and doesn't appear to need much. But it doesn't have the flour and sugar bins which is a big part of why I want a hoosier. So I'm leaning toward the big and expensive one. We'll see what I end up with.
Let's see, I think I filled in on Bear's parent teacher conferences in the last post. In case you didn't see he got glowing reports. I was very proud of him. Mia is talking up a storm, running all over the place, and is a complete parrot. She does and says everything that Bear does and a lot of times what Mom or Dad say or do. Makes a person be on their toes.
I think it is time for me to go do something in another part of the house. I think I'm keeping Bear up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment