Don't tell anyone but being a stay-at-home mom can be boring. I'm discovering especially so in a rental. If I were in my own home I could come up with all sorts of garden projects, remodeling projects, yard clean-up, outbuilding fixes, and all sorts of odd jobs that go with owning your own home. A rental is different. There are trees that need cut down, rooms that need painted, vanities that need refinished, banisters that need repaired, lawns that need seeded, roofing that needs done on the outbuildings, and fences need mended. That is just a quick list off the top of my head that our rental needs. Of course those are all things I'm not willing to fork out the time or money for on a very temporary rental. *sigh*
This all leads to a bit of boredom. And from that some anxiety about why I'm bored when I should be enjoying staying home with my kids. Is any of it really a big deal? No, probably not. Part of my issue is I really dislike cleaning and cooking. Rather, I dislike planning the cooking. Cooking I don't have a problem with. Eating I really don't have a problem with. Planning is a pain though. I don't care for it in any form. Whether it is meal planning, laying out a sewing pattern, laying out a sheet metal project, or following a recipe. Don't like it. I never have. For some odd reason I feel like I didn't do it if I'm following someone else's instructions but I don't want to take the time to plan it out either. I just want to go and do it. Probably why lots of my cooking and other projects turn out kinda funky. :)
I'm wishing we weren't entering the Fall and Winter season. Not for any reason other than houses tend not to be for sale in the Winter. Now Spring they all start to come on the market. Since I want to get out of the rental and into a house I want it to be Spring. Otherwise I'm tickled pink it is Fall. I love Fall. The leaves, the crisp cool mornings, the pumpkins, the colors, and the feeling of snuggling in by a fire. I love the winter projects that Fall starts to bring in.
I'm excited about spinning this winter. I just need to stock up on roving and other materials to spin. That and comb Buddy, my dog. I think his hair would spin up quite nicely. I could have a critter here but I wouldn't want to subject them to all the goatheads here. Poor Buddy's paws. He's learned where he can walk and where he can't for the most part. Really he stays inside most of the time. Actually we all do. It is a dusty, prickly, noisy piece of property. Oh I will be excited to pack up and move away from this house. I'd love for it to be into our own house so we could unpack completely too. I want to stop saying, "Its in a box somewhere."
Off to do that icky chore of cleaning. Hazards of making banana bread. Actually I made it into a Harvest Banana Bread. I added some spices and some pumpkin. Turned out yummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment