Bear is such a wiggle wort and a talker that I always know he has finally fallen asleep when there is no more moving or talking. Poor kid got both Tom and I. I talk and Tom wiggles. Oh well. Bear is doing well with school. At least he seems to be on this end. We have parent/teacher conferences next week. Funny to think that those have begun. Today we are headed on a field trip to a pumpkin patch. Mia and I will eat lunch at school with Bear and then we'll ride the bus out to the pumpkin patch. Should be fun. I'm hoping anyway. I'm not sure about that much time with almost 20 four year olds. A little scary.
Mia is growing like crazy and becoming quite the character in her own right. She is still way more snugly than Bear ever was. She seems to need the hugs and cuddles more. She is what I would call a sweet kid. Bear is too but in different ways. He needs much less physical contact. Unless he thinks he can get a laugh from it. Mia usually doesn't fail him there. She is by far his best audience.
We are just plugging along trying to get this new life of ours figured out. I should have firewood coming today. I'm also slowly getting us unpacked and a bit more settled. I find it hard to really unpack when I know we'll be moving again but we do need to feel more at home than we have been doing. We'll get it figured out. Slowly but surely. I certainly don't see us buying this place so I know we'll be moving but at least we can make it enjoyable to be here.
I do hope that we can get rid of the property manager/realtor we've been working with. She's the property manager for this rental of ours so we've been using her as a buyer's agent in the hopes that it'll help us get out of our lease. I'm thinking now we'll just stick it out on our lease and get rid of her. We've had a couple of showings that we didn't know about. We're supposed to have 24 hours notice. Also, she can't seem to make it to any appointment on time. If she says 2 figure on 2:30. If she says noon figure on getting rescheduled to 2. It gets pretty frustrating.
So I'll quit griping but that's what we've been up to for the most part. Last weekend my mom came for a visit. It snowed most of the time so we didn't do as much stuff as we had planned. We did make to Sidney though and managed to go to the original Cabela's store. That was pretty cool. We went to the Oktoberfest too but couldn't get a beer because it was Sunday. Huh?! Why have it continue through Sunday then? We did get some good brats and kraut and shopped the little farmer's market though. We had fun and had a nice Sunday drive so it wasn't a loss.
I'd better get moving while the kids are sleeping so we'll be ready for the pumpkin patch...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment