About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, October 1, 2012

And it is gone

At least I'm assuming nothing has changed over the weekend.  The seller of the property we were trying to buy doesn't want to repair anything.  That means we don't get financing for the place which means we don't buy it.  It is a bummer but our offer that was agreed upon was not an "as is" offer.  There are other acreages so we are on the hunt again. 

I guess we just aren't meant to buy Abner at this point.  I'm bummed I can't be moving into my own house soon but we'll just make our rental work for now and keep our eyes out for another chunk of property.  There is an 8 acre chunk with a house and outbuildings that we want to look at.  Who knows how it will be.  It is a ways out of town so there is some investigating to do regarding which elementary school the kids would be in.  I'd love to live on a gravel road again.  So much quieter than the corner we are on right now.  It is crazy, there are times we have to either stop the conversation or shout to be heard.  I shouldn't have to do that in my own living room.

I have a few things I want to do with a farm.  I've been considering a farmer's market stall.  Initially my thought is to have cut flowers.  I haven't seen anyone here with flowers.  Also, now that I have a spinning wheel I think I may do some hand spun yarn.  In wanting to do the yarn I'm thinking about what animals I will want.  I don't want my own animals yet though.  We want to be able to travel for at least one summer before getting animals that will keep us at home.  So my first year here will be laying out a business plan and figuring out what we want and what we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment