Well, we did it. We put an offer in on the farm. It is called Abner. The Abner's lived there since about 1935 and after Roy died, Maude sold the place to the neighbor. He's the one selling it now. Isn't the Abner Place a great name for a farm? 10 acres, 7 outbuildings that include two chicken houses and an outhouse. The outhouse is filled in and has been storage, but I bet it could be restored. I know, funny thing to be excited about but the place only has one bathroom and with a family of four that can be an issue once in awhile.
We have a few projects that we have to do to Abner:
* The house needs windows. A few of them have to get done before winter or else we'll be very cold.
* There are tiles that need replaced in the kitchen and bathroom.
* Everything needs paint. We want to do the classic barn red with white trim for the outbuildings and then something else for the stucco house.
* The kitchen needs appliances. A refrigerator and stove to be specific.
* A garden needs put in so we'll lay out where we want it and do some work to prep the soil for next spring.
Of course that all hinges on whether or not our offer gets accepted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow!! Buying, selling, renting houses can be so CRAZY. I think you have to jump through every hoop to get things done. Good luck with everything. I hope you get the farm.
ReplyDelete