Hoping to hear something on the house today. *sigh* I just wish we knew at this point. Do I pack like a mad woman or do we keep looking for houses? It would be so much easier if I knew. I really don't like the limbo stage. It seems like I've been living in a perpetual state of limbo the last several months.
At least I was able to get some baking done this weekend. I made a big batch of bread and I made graham crackers. The kids love homemade graham crackers. Bread is so much cheaper to make too. I guesstimate that it costs me around $3 to make a batch of bread. If I buy it at the store I get one loaf for that. With the recipe I use I get 2 loaves, and at least 2 dozen rolls and usually closer to 3 dozen. This round I got the 2 loaves, a dozen smaller dinner rolls, 6 large sandwich rolls, and probably 6 bigger dinner rolls or you could call them small sandwich rolls. What I figure to be around $12 worth of bread (more if you get the good wheat stuff) I made for around $3. Yep, a bit cheaper to make your own. I haven't priced out the graham crackers. I don't know if it is really a savings there but I figure if I already have all the ingredients and don't have to spend any extra then it is a savings in time running to the store if nothing else.
The best part of this weekend was Tom helped me with the massive clean-up that needed to happen. I've just not been motivated to do much around here. It is hard to motivate oneself when you don't like where you are at. By that I mean I can't stand our rental. It is much better than when we moved in but it is still not a very nice place. We are making the best of it but there is only so much you can do when you don't own the place and your landlord/property manager is so-so.
At least I'm all ready for Thanksgiving. I have my turkey ready and I have a batch of rolls frozen and ready to go. I have some potatoes and the sweet potato casserole to make but the work is cut down by not having to bake bread that day.
Oh boy... My kids have decided to be crazy naked kids. I'd better go round up the chaos. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment