I finally started unpacking some books this last week. We moved Bear into his own room as well. And then yesterday our blissful ignorance came to an end. We had a gentleman stop by that proceeded to tell us that he was buying the place we have 30 days to vacate. Ummm. No. We aren't just in denial but we have the Bar Association on our side not to mention the clause in our lease that gives us first right of refusal when it comes to a sale. So it boils down to the fact that we are probably going to butt heads with the property manager and landlord. It may be hard and it may not be so bad. Initial reaction is almost always anger when something like this happens. And here I was wandering along thinking I had gotten rid of my real estate headaches. Ha! Was I ever wrong?
The thing of it is that we want to move but as of right now we have no where to move to. There are houses for sale but we aren't liking much of anything out there. Not to mention it won't be fun if we have to move over the holidays. Nor will it be easy to get inspections, appraisals, or closings scheduled during the holiday months. Lots of being unsettled I guess. Now my goal is to not let the kids feel unsettled. I want them to have a good Thanksgiving and Christmas without a bunch of upheaval.
So I have one huge goal. Make things comfy and stable while I feel like it is falling apart. Should be easy right? ;) I know it won't be easy but the main thing is that we are all together for the holidays. Some days I wish I were the kid.
Other than crazy house stuff though things are going pretty well. I bought a Hoosier for my kitchen last week. I'll be working on restoring that. It is functional right now but not great for storing food until I get things cleaned and painted and repaired. I'm so in love with the enameled work surface though. I made bread the other day. Oh it was wonderful to have a great surface where I can knead the bread. There are shelves that slide out with the doors as they open, there are all the spice racks and lid racks on the doors. The flour bin is there as is a sugar bin. I'm giddy about it. I also got a catalog for hardware the other day. It will be nice to have a piece I really love.
You can see we've had some exciting times. Bear is loving school still. That is one thing that we want to do when we move is keep him in the same school. I'm hoping anyway. The districts here seem pretty good about letting you opt in or out of a school so long as you provide transportation. For now that isn't an issue. I really am hoping to find a great little chunk of property with a house we don't hate. A bonus would be a house we really like. We'll keep looking. At least with all of the issues with the property manager/realtor we can fire them. We have been using them as our buyer's agent. That won't be happening now. Yippee! We have a concrete reason to get rid of them. There is a silver lining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment