Well, I'm doing it. I'm finally getting off my duff and getting in gear. Boy am I out of shape! I knew it was getting bad but geez. But maybe I'll finally lose some of this baby weight I put on with Bear and never did get rid of. The worst was after having the kids for me. With working full time and getting up at all hours with kiddos I had no motivation to do anything in the way of working out. Now that I'm not working I have no excuse but still haven't had any motivation.
I found it somewhere finally though. I think mostly I'm just sick of feeling like a slug. I don't mind being a little on the heavier side. After all I do love to eat good food. But this has gotten ridiculous. So, I'm off to see what kind of a changes I can make. I don't want this to be one of those things where I go for a week and then give up. I'd like to make the changes for good. I want to be a good example for the kids. I want to be able to enjoy good food without it all settling on the hips.
I'm sure this sounds like many other folks. I think that has been a lot of my resistance to the whole exercise thing. I've always worked jobs where there was a lot of physical labor involved so I never really worried about it. I also don't like working out with other people so gyms are not appealing. I wonder why that is? I never had a problem playing team sports in high school so I don't know when that happened. Oh well.
At any rate, this is my way of somehow hoping to hold myself a little bit accountable. If I tell everyone about it here then I have to do something about it and stick to it. Besides those that know me personally and see me next time will expect to see a change if I proclaim it on here. :)
Well, kiddos are demanding attention so I'd better get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment