About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Winter is on its way.

We woke up to a grey and dreary day.  We are supposed to get snow and cold this weekend.  It is almost the middle of November so I guess it is due.  We have been enjoying the 70 degree November days though.  I think I'm more or less ready for winter.  I still need pick up some things like a turkey and yams for Thanksgiving dinner but I'm not in a huge hurry.  We still don't know if we'll have lots of people or just a few for Thanksgiving.

My basic menu plan will be:

Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Sweet potato casserole
Gravy
Rolls
Some sort of veggie
And depending on the number of people we'll add Corn Souffle (pronounced soo-full)
We'll do some sort of dessert too I suppose
Wine and beer for drinks along with juice or milk for the kids
I think if we have people we'll do a veggie tray before dinner too

Like I say, I'm not super prepared for it but I've also not had anyone confirm that they'll be joining us so I'm not going to get too ahead of myself on planning.  If you feel like joining us for dinner though please let me know.  I love having a full house for the holiday and we won't be getting to travel this year. 

Hmmm... What else is going on?  We are house hunting.  Still.  We want one in particular but who knows if it will happen?  We've had some not so fun issues with our landlord/property manager but I think (hope) those are resolved.  Essentially it came down to they tried to illegally kick us out because the folks buying our rental want to occupy prior to the terms of our lease.  I'm hoping it is all ironed out again but we have certainly upped our intensity in looking for a place.  Oddly enough we don't want to mess up their sale and we'd like to be as accommodating as possible.  We just need a place to go first.  We'd be more than happy to move out of here tomorrow if we had a house to move into.  We have not enjoyed this house.  Its funny too because despite the fact that on paper this should be a lot nicer rental than we've maybe ever lived in it has not been nicer.  We've been lots happier in a lot of crappy houses.  I think mostly we had some pretty great landlords.  Here they aren't too bad but it has been a bit rough.

At any rate we really want to move.  We have a house picked out but have no idea if it would work out.  We're in the process of finding out if we can work a deal.  If we can you can bet I will be re-packing all of our stuff in a hurry.  I'll also be getting rid of stuff.  We really don't need so much of what we have.  I'm hoping to get the kids to reduce the number of toys too.  Christmas is coming and there is always a pile of stuff to sort through.  And while there is sorting going on I'm noticing that Bear must have gone through a growth spurt because all of a sudden he has a pile of clothes that don't fit anymore.

I suppose I should go back to moderating the train track building.  Little sister keeps interfering. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment