Projects are going. I like Winter time. It gives us time for those indoor projects that just don't get done in the Summer. I have a crochet project, a knitting project, sewing projects, a rag rug project, and my spinning projects going. My only problem is deciding which to work on at what time. I've finished 2 knitting projects and yesterday I did a quick crochet project for Bear. He had spun some yarn so I made him a little bag out of the yarn he'd made. He'd done up about 10 yards or so. It made a great little bag. It fits a car or makes a good troll sleeping bag. It would also fit a cell phone but he isn't interested in using it for such things yet. Thank goodness.
I have stocking projects for the kids. The basics are done but now I need to do the decorations and names on the stockings. I've told Bear I need to send the stockings to Santa so he can finish them. ;) I don't know how far I'll get with all my projects. I'd actually like to add more projects but I feel like I need to finish a few before I add any.
In thinking about Christmas I'm realizing part of my reluctance to decorate is a lack of Christmas-like weather. It has been so warm. We are still getting into the 60s during the day and some nights we are barely freezing. No snow either. Not that it would stick around with those temperatures. It is a bit hard to think Christmas when I don't even need a jacket to be outside.
And last but not least. We aren't moving as soon as we might have. Yet another deal has fallen apart. We are pretty bummed about this one but we knew it was a long shot. The place wasn't even officially for sale after all. So we are house hunting again. Actually I think another offer is going in today. We are low-balling a place we've been interested in but it is priced pretty high. It is worth throwing it out there. Who knows? Maybe this one will work. We shall see.
Kiddo update: Mia is talking like crazy. I don't know about her. Most 2 year olds say 2 word sentences. Not her. She comes in and says things like, "What they doing Momma?" And the really surprising part is that a lot of strangers can understand a lot of the words she says. That doesn't usually happen until about age 3. She is developing very normally in all aspects otherwise. Just an early talker.
Bear is growing like crazy. He's been eating me out of house and home and I'm seeing lots of clothing getting too small all of a sudden. I think as a family we've been going through about 10-12 apples every 3 days or so. I don't remember the last apple I ate and Mia takes about 2 days per apple. Bear on the other hand will eat between 2 and 5 apples in a day. That is on top of both kids eating about 2 bananas a day and any other fruit I bring home. All of the fruit is generally either breakfast or snacks. They are both still eating full lunches and dinners without batting an eye. We need an apple tree. Or 3.
I just checked pjs on Bear. He has a 5T shirt on and it looks like it is a 3T. I guess he has moved into the 6T. All of a sudden. He has kinda skipped the 5T size. He was there for about a month. Whereas he's been wearing his 4T stuff for about a year. Guess we're done with that plateau in growth. Oh and basics on weight and height. Bear is somewhere between 50-55 pounds and I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 48 inches tall. Mia is about 30 pounds and about 35 inches tall. They aren't babies anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment