About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Good supper...

...if I do say so myself.  I made pork chops with an apple red wine reduction and Brussels sprouts.  The reduction was red wine, apple butter, pomegranate juice, and a couple of cloves of garlic.  I deglazed my pan with the red wine after searing my chops.  Delicious.  The sprouts were our standard of bacon, butter, a little broth, a touch of garlic, and saute until tender.  I do slice these so they cook in less time.  I like whole ones too but they take so much longer to cook that I usually don't get them.

Just thought I'd better write it down before I forget.  I used a pork tenderloin roast and sliced my chops from that.  They turned out much more tender than if I had bought chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment