About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Notes about life

Well, it happened again.  Third time we've had an offer in and it was turned down.  Unfortunately this was the place we really wanted.  This is the one we've been looking at since the first house we put an offer in on and thought it was the perfect place.  *sigh*  Such as life I suppose.

So now we get to figure out what we are doing next.  We think we are going to take a break from house hunting.  Too frustrating at the moment.  We'll be comparing everything to this house we just lost out on.  Plus, we need to get our act together and sort a bunch of our stuff out.  We still haven't unpacked a lot of stuff.  Now I'd like to sort through that stuff.  There is some stuff we've been missing having out but a lot of it we haven't missed and it just needs to go away.

It really is amazing the amount of stuff one accumulates over the years.  When we first moved into this rental and our moving truck took another 10 days to get here it made us realize how much stuff we had.  Even more it made us realize how little we needed all that stuff.  We have gotten rid of a lot of it but still not all. 

I still have boxes of stuff from my childhood.  Who knows what is in there?  There for awhile every time I saw my folks they brought me another truckload.  I think they were tickled to be getting it out of their house.  I can't blame them, but I need to sort it and get rid of things.

So besides our crazy house hunting escapades and needing to sort out and get rid of things...  I'm working with a gal in town that is opening up a shop.  I'm going to start selling my hand spun yarn!  I'm pretty excited.  I've wanted to start this endeavor but haven't been sure about the who, where, what, why, etc. about it.  Now I'm going to consign my yarn.  I'll probably help her get the building ready too.  She is operating out of the old opera house in town.  Such a cool old building!  I'm a sucker for old buildings and antiques. 

In doing all of this I need to figure out a name, a logo, build my inventory, figure out state regulations that may or may not apply to a crafter, and I'm not even sure what else.  I'm working on a business plan.  Little by little I add to that.  I've at least written one of those before.  With a whole lot more regulation behind it.  In some ways that may have made it easier.  Things were pretty cut and dried as to what needed to happen.  It may not be so cut and dried with this.  That is okay though.  I'm excited.  I look at this as more of a market test than anything.  I don't have the building overhead to worry about.

One thing that I keep running into though.  I want to carry vintage/antique knitting needles as well.  Do you think I can find knitting needles at any of the second hand shops around here?  Maybe I need to hit some of the online places?  Travel?  Anybody have good ideas?  I'll keep looking.  There are many more little second hand stores around here to look at.  I'll just keep an eye out as I toodle around doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment