About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Morning thoughts

Barely light out and I'm up with a cup of coffee in my hand.  My son seems to think that 6 a.m. is a good time to be up.  I make him wait until it is a lot lighter to come out of his room.  I don't like getting up at 6 a.m.  I don't mind being up but it is the getting up part I don't like.  So I'm listening to the kids watch their morning t.v.  Yep, they watch t.v.  I can't really tell them no when I like to watch the stuff too.  We just try to limit the amount.  Sometimes we are successful and sometimes not so much.

But that isn't what I wanted to write about.  I've been shopping my seed catalogs.  It is the time of year for them.  I love this time of year.  This year is different though since we don't have any property yet.  I didn't think house hunting would be as stressful as it has been.  I thought our place in Montana was tough to find.  And you would think that your first house purchase would be a lot more difficult than your second.  Not us.  We seem to have a knack for finding the crazy/stubborn sellers.  I'm not sure how we're doing it.

I'm sure that some folks (our realtor in particular) are thinking that we are being picky, and we are.  We have a down payment, we have a place to live, and we have certain things we really like and dislike about houses.  This next place is a house we'd like to be in for quite awhile.  So, we are being picky.  There is no reason to settle for a tiny house in town that we don't really like.  We are holding out for that chunk of property out of town where we can have an orchard, garden, and hopefully a couple of critters.

Talking about that reminds me.  I was talking with another parent from Bear's school (her son and mine are friends) and I mentioned a side lot being good for a garden or an orchard.  She commented on what a Montana thing that was.  Yes, ma'am I am proud to be from Montana.  I'm finding that ideas like this indeed do appear to be somewhat unique to Montana.  At least compared to Nebraska.  There sure are some stark differences between the two places.  Not really good or bad but stark.  I like both places.  I miss Montana since I lived there for almost 10 years, but I also miss things about living in Washington and Idaho.  I didn't really live in Wyoming long enough to become really attached and it was a long time ago.  Still, there are things I really liked about it.

I find it funny how different places you live become a part of you.  I love the wide open farm country of Idaho and Washington, the mountains and "green" lifestyle of our area in Montana, the wild emptiness of Wyoming, and the open farm country here with a few interesting hills and bluffs thrown in to make it interesting.

I'm just hoping now that we can find our little chunk of paradise so we can carve out a life here.  Of course who knows what life has in store for us?  Despite hoping that we are here for a long time I know that things could change and we may end up moving a long distance again.  We shall see.  I do like that feeling of waiting to see what life has in store for us.  The new year, a new area, and hopefully soon a new house.

1 comment:

  1. Hi:) I really find your blog cool, being a mom myself i can relate to quite a few situations. I discovered your blog by chance as i pressed the next button from my blog and here I am, guess i'll be stopping by more often, if you wish to view my blog(it's about the city of Pittsburgh) which is my favorite city in the world its: http://www.lovingpittsburgh.blogspot.com .
    kind regards
    Lorraine Grech

    ReplyDelete