About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Potty Training

Ahhh yes, we are in the midst of potty training.  I forgot the joys of potty training.  Ya know?  Poopy pants, wet pants, just a mess in general.  And now something that I didn't have to factor in last time, is the big brother factor.  The, "Ewwww! That's gross."  Or, "Mom! Mia needs new pants.  She's stinky!"  I love siblings.

It is funny that I was sitting down to write this post about potty training.  I ended up having to take about a 20 minute break to change pants and throw laundry in the machine.  All for potty training sake.  At least I know it won't take that long and then the diapers will be gone.  They may stick around for quite awhile at night but it will reduce that bill drastically.  That will be fantastic.  I am very ready to stop buying diapers.

Exciting life I'm leading right?  Actually it isn't very boring.  There are days for sure but overall it really is pretty exciting.  We never know where we'll end up.  We travel a fair amount for a young family on a budget.  We do crazy things like up and move to Nebraska after getting established in Montana.  I'm hoping we'll stay put for awhile and maybe get a little bit more boring.  Fat chance.

We are trying to buy a house, I am starting a hand spun yarn business, Tom is teaching and changing things at his new position and he's taking classes, and the kids always keep us on our toes.  So see, maybe not so boring.  Oh, and I'm going to use a plot at the community garden.

I know none of the stuff is hiking crazy places or skydiving or some other crazy adventure.  For the most part we are okay with that.  Neither of us is too excited about most so called adventures.  Right now as silly as it seems we are very excited about the prospect of going out to dinner and going to the home improvements store without the kids.  Grandma and Grandpa are coming to visit and these are our big plans. :)  Funny how your prospective changes over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment