About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kids

I thought I'd update on the kiddos finally. 

Bear:  Growing like a weed still and eating me out of house and home.  I think I need to invest in some bricks for his head.  I found out he is the youngest in his class and yet is one of the tallest.  Most of his clothes now have to be size 6 or 7.  We are officially out of the Toddler section and into the Boys section at the stores.  I'm not sure about that.  For the most part he is a very good kid.  A bit on the hyper side but pretty good.  I have a hard time with him being hyper but I know he's just excited about something.  I try not to discourage the activity.  I want him to be an active kid.  The hard part is teaching him when and where that is okay.  He has become my snuggler too.  Despite being the baby that didn't like being held and snuggled he is the first to want to come curl up on my lap now.  Not that he stays long but he does give great hugs.

Mia:  Turning into quite the character.  She loves books.  She would be happy to sit and let you read every last book in her room to her.  The only problem with that is that when Mom and Dad's voices are tired she doesn't want to stop so she cries.  Certain books have certain homes too.  A couple stay in bed with her, one goes on the bed post, and there are several on the floor next to her.  Don't you dare move any of them into the wrong spot.  Same with her toys.  Only certain ones get to be in bed with her.  Those ones have to be in their certain spot on the bed.  She is very particular about her blanket and pillow too.  Oh, to be 2 years old.

I'm loving getting to be at home with my kiddos.  Of course we have good days and bad days but overall we have more good than bad.  Bear's hitting has pretty much become a non-issue with the use of a sticker chart and his getting used to be in school.

Oh!  How did I forget to mention this first thing?!  Mia actually used the potty and has started the potty training process.  Yippee!!  The light at the end of the tunnel is tiny but at least it is there.  We don't force the potty training.  Bear pretty much taught himself and now Mia is doing the same.  We pay attention to the kids.  When they want to wear undies instead of diapers we let them.  If they want to go back and forth between diapers and undies, great.  Mia is now getting to the point where she can manipulate her own pants so that helps a bunch.  She flushes and knows what needs to happen but we need to work on timing.  No biggie.  I just have to pay attention and get my motivation in gear.  Hers is there.

She is asleep for her nap and my house looks like a hurricane hit it so I'd better do something about that.  I don't want to but I'd like to be able to enjoy being in my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment