About Me

My photo
I used to be aircraft mechanic and now I'm a homemaker. I love to garden, play with my kids, hang out with my husband, bake bread (some is good some isn't), travel, and eat.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sundays

I love Sundays.  It is my day to sleep in.  Tom gets Saturday.  Well, sleeping in is a rather generous description.  We do get to sleep in a bit, but even better is the person who gets up that day is the one that makes the coffee, gets the kids' breakfasts, lets the dog out, builds the fire, and changes that first diaper.  It is so nice to not do that stuff one day a week.  I really don't think either of us really mind doing any of it other than the actual crawling out of bed.  It just makes it really nice to not have to do it one day.  It makes that day a special treat.

Then after I've slept in we lounge around.  This morning was spent drinking coffee, catching up on blogs and forums I enjoy, and best of all was sitting on my bed with my kiddos reading seed catalogs and talking about what we are going to put in our theoretical garden.  Theoretical because we don't have the property yet.  Bear has quite the list of stuff he wants to grow.  So do I for that matter.  He wants to be able to make vegetable soup and have pumpkins for pies and to carve for Halloween.  Mia of course wants everything her brother does.  She also learned how to say zucchini while looking at the catalogs.  I love the fact that they learn to identify different plants while they are looking at the flowers and vegetables.

And now?  Tom and the kids are out at a park flying a little model airplane while I fix lunch.  They got the little plane for Christmas and were going to fly yesterday but it was too windy.  So despite it only being about 10 degrees they are out flying planes.  And it sounds like they just pulled in so I'd better go slice the bread to go with the soup for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment